Thread: Odd build
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 04:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I don't claim to be a mechanic by any means, but if you start messing with the internals of Chinese engines, it will prove your friends right. These engines are best left to sprockets, exhaust, and carbs...just posting this as a precaution, not to necessarily discourage you, because I am very curious to see how reliable these bikes can be.

Well, I already have a larger exhaust header and a Supertrapp muffler and I started it up with the new carburetor I bought from Honda for my xr200.

The plan is to leave it stock for now, but eventually I'd like to put the 247 cylinder on it and see if a Torker 2.0 camshaft will fit or if I can get one ground by WEB. We enjoy building these little motors as much as riding them. From what I can see there is no reason these cannot be built in similar fashion to a Japanese motor.

The new camshafts available for the 230 and 200 series really wake these little motors up; the 89a cam in my 200 didn't hurt bottom end at all, but gave me a nice boost through the mid-range and much more pleasant over-rev.