View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 06:07 AM   #1

1978 Honda XL175 with chinese FML163

Hi Everyone. First post but have been on this forum for about a year picking for information. I live in Grantsville Utah. I bought a 1978 Honda XL175 with a Chinese FML163 engine installed in it for $125.00 at a garage sale from someone who was moving. I bought it so when I am out in my RV I will have something to get around. Not sure what flavor the engine is but after searching the net I came up with this. It looks like the motor I have. Don't know if this is good or bad. The seller told me he bought a case of 6 engines off ebay and sold the other 5. Said he would send me the info when he got moved and unpacked but never did. http://jackcheng2012.en.made-in-chin...GW200-KR-.html Bought a CDI box and made sure the motor ran and it was good. I am Finally getting around to getting it going. Had a friend move the motor mounts over 3/8 of an inch so the chain would line up and am now getting ready to start getting her on the road. I am finding out about how much fun it is going to be lol. I have stripped it down and painted the frame. Now I need to figure out sprockets so I can start getting it together. Did I mention I know nothing about motorcycles. Not sure what area I should post this in But if someone can let me know I will post my questions there. Thanks