View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 07:01 PM   #83

The Avgas Experiment

Weldandgrind; The results are in, the Avgas doesn't do much. It seems to lose less speed up the hills, but that's really about it. The exhaust only glowed a little red down on the back side of the collector/expansion area, and a bit right up near the mounting studs. I can't say if this is any different than a stock exhaust, since tonight is the first time I rode it any real distance after dark. I know the whole exhaust on the DR gets pretty red (at least, it did before I wrapped it with exhaust wrap), especially with the high octane juice. I'm glad I was able to give you a hearty chuckle with my thread comments. In the meantime, I have to figure out how to fix the rear brake switch. It seems the top adjusting nut has skipped threads, and now the switch is all sorts of loose and caddywampus. I'll break everything down and see what kind of magic I can conjure up. Have a great night, everyone.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up