Thread: Hawk Talk
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 01:15 PM   #251

Bikes I wished I had bought

Yeah, but there is not a ton of them. I'll start with what is probably the most controversial: A K-model Harley Davidson. WHAT? Yeah, I know, flat head v-twin. But that is the problem with guys that read more into spec sheets than is really there. There are bikes that talk the talk, and then there are bikes that walk the walk. Kinda' ugly, stock. But what a street tracker you can build out of one of these. Bullet proof transmission. Bullet proof electrical system. Bullet proof clutch. Very tough engine. One of the first bikes with a swinging arm rear suspension. The first big bike with a unit power plant (engine and transmission in the same unit). Virtually unbreakable rear chain. Good handling, for the day. Fast enough for me. The handling was good because of the engine. Being a flathead, all of the weight was down low. The specs don't tell you that. That engine is infinately tuneable. ALL KR parts interchange. Oh, I forgot. Easy starting. Yeah, I wish I'd bought one. I have

owned a Sportster, and I've ridden a couple of K's. The K was a superior bike in my opinion.