View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 10:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
In the middle of nowhere, it is still easy to work on the RX3. If I had the Versys, probably the same. Having a KTM or BMW..you might not be able to fix it. The cost of parts are insane compared to the RX3 and Versys. Still the RX3 is king when it comes to pricing. With the support network of CSC, what does it matter.
I've got a Ninja 300, and I love that engine, but valve adjustments are an absolute pain (shim under bucket) and being an EFI twin with ABS, there is cabling all over the goddamn place.

They'll no doubt have tuned it for more midrange on the Versys. My Ninja struggles with my tall, fat arse on it (I'm 6'3" @ 210lbs) to top 95 (101 down a shallow hill); I expect in this config it'll be slower, but should still hold 75-80 without much drama, as long as you don't mind the 9k drill noise. It's a smooth motor for a 180 twin so high RPM's are not too intrusive.

Brakes on mine are crap, OEM chain was rubbish, some none-structural fasteners are total shit and it wasn't especially cheap, but I want to keep it forever as it's such a lovely little bike, but at this point I'd be pressed to see where the RX3 isn't a better buy.