View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 01:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by '16 TT250 View Post
The injectors in my diesel are pretty done so it gets a shot of ether in the morning to get it's heart pumping. At first I thought it was the garbage I was running as fuel, but it does the same thing on real diesel.
My car is a 1977 M-B 300 diesel. When I bought it, 3 years ago, it had injector problems. Hard starting, which required long glow-plug cycles and injector nailing. PO had been using French fryer oil for fuel. I was looking for a product to try before I changed the injectors. I found a site for a garage down in Atlanta that has made a career of working on Ford diesels, and he had found a product that really worked on their injectors. And he ran several videos with engines that required several cycles to start cold accompanied by clouds of smoke. After dosing the tank with an ArchOil fuel additive, all of the symtems were gone within 150 miles. I bought some, and within 15 minutes the nailing was gone. Within 100 miles it started much better, and a 10% improvement in fuel economy. It has over 300000 miles on the original injectors now, and running fine. I doubled the dose for the first two tanks.