View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureDad View Post
Heres a thought for you engineers.... maybe it's a question. We've heard about the engine failures, and speculation it could be caused in part by carbon buildup. The bikes come with a hotter plug than other engines of this nature, and the same nc250 engine used in other applications. I refuse to believe it is due to the fuel. IF the engine was not designed with the OCS in mind, and it was an add-on for the US and or Euro market, maybe it doesn't play well with the overall engine and is introducing carbon, oil sludge mist to the intake, which cannot be burnt off, due to lower temps, and also introducing fuel to the oil, creating cylinder and bearing washing, etc, all leading to failure. In this case, it would be logical to remove it. Do the Chinese versions have it?
I'm no engineer, nor do I play one on TV, but I do have a tendency to ponder far too much. I'm going to keep on pondering this one too. Like you mentioned, I can't help but think it's an add-on for our market.

The odd thing is the blue RX3 I just picked up for Mrs 2LZ has 411 miles on it and not a spec of anything, nor discoloration in the clear tube and her OCS is in the "unofficial" position from the factory. Weird.

I'm going to keep mine open to vent for now and keep hers the way it is and see what happens and how the oil changes smell.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350