View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 08:24 PM   #6

Great pictures, FMY! Speaking of weather, here in Yuma, it has been fairly dry, but chilly, believe it or not. The nights have been into the 30's (Faranheit) or 40's, and the days are getting into the 50's, or if we're lucky, the 60's. This has happened the last several weeks. The (stupid) locals have even been quoted on T.V. and in the papers that they can't wait for summer (I am definitely NOT in this group, but would prefer better riding weather...) when the temps hit about 120 Faranheit, or edging on 50 Celcius for you metric types. The main problem with the weather is the constant wind that gives a cooler wind chill factor than what the actual temp is. I do long for some riding weather!!

I should have mentioned the other problem with warm(er) places is the winter invasion of retirees from all the northern states and Canada, which I am sure have taken over Florida as well. Our "winter visitors" have the misconception that we rely on their money, rather than it enhances our economy, which leads to some heated arguments during road rage incidents ("...if it wasn't for us, Yuma wouldn't have any money..."). The bigger issue is that they clog up the streets and run into cars and motorcycles all winter long. Fortunately, due to the heavier than usual traffic, the accidents are usually at lower speeds, and injuries are lessened...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard