View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 09:08 PM   #43

About 40 miles today, it was a damp day, slick, shiny roads but no actual rain.

The bike is very confidence-inspiring; no surface caused any problem, and I ride these roads a lot and have learnt to be very cautious on my little Kawi. Again, very impressed with the stock tires on a wet road, and not a little annoyed that the brakes are sharper than my Ninjette, which at nearly three times the cost ought to be better.

The engine continues to be great fun, and the difficulty with shifting to fourth (under certain loads) and finding neutral is slowly going away.

Very impressed with it. I don't think there's anything I dislike. The ride gets a little vibey towards 50mph, and tyres clearly aren't suited for higher road speeds, but this is a damn good runabout bike. It's almost the exact opposite of my Ninja; it's an absolute beast at low speed, and very comfortable pottering about on the street, whereas the Ninja is like a precision weapon above 50. I expected to like the engine (I like smaller displacement bikes anyway) but I didn't expect to love it quite so much.

I'll wait until break-in is done before changing to the 49 tooth rear sprocket (I ordered one with the bike) as this is a little more in line with the bikes intended use, but so far, so good!