View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 11:01 AM   #13

Sorry I'm late to the party, everyone! Just got back in town from Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Tomalak007, I recently (Halloween day this year, to be exact) picked up a Hawk and I'm unbelievably happy with it. Honestly, if I had known about the Hawks before I bought my big DR, I don't think I would own a DR. I'm seriously that impressed with the bike. There are some great mods out there for these bikes, but definitely start with the engine and performance side of things: Carb retune/replacement; spark plug upgrade; valve adjustments; and sprocket and chain swap. After that, you can decide if you want the digital dash and other goodies. I'm busy fabricating a rack for the tail-end of my Hawk now. Everyone on this forum is a veritable gold mine of information, and I haven't found anyone yet unwilling to help out. The big difference between the Hawk and some of the other bikes out there is that the engine isn't counterbalanced. I don't really notice a difference personally, but it can get a little buzzy at the higher RPM's. Just a thought to consider. Also, speaking with the guys over at CSC would be a good solution to the registration concerns you have. Their bikes are all 50-state legal, but you'll spend a few extra buck for them. On the other hand, the CSC bike already comes with luggage. Keep us posted and let us know how it turns out for you. Happy New Year!!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up