View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 11:38 PM   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureDad View Post
You could do what I did, drop the needle bearing onto your magnetic pickup tool you always have close by, and have the things sucked out faster than you could blink...then drop the loose bearings into the rock bed by your driveway. You could find all but 2 of them, if you're like me.

This way, you get to postpone finishing the job, be unable to move your bike, order a new bearing, and wait for it to arrive. Then figure out how to seat the new bearing (hint, put the knuckle into your freezer for a few hours, and heat the bearing with a hair dryer, it'll drop right in).

I have the ability to turn a one hour job into a several day job. At least I didn't get stitches doing it, this time... I got my hand sewn up (this time) bringing my wife flowers at work. And my family says I'm accident prone. I've only had about 70 in the past 2 years. Hell, a good shark bite would've been way more than that!
Man! I have some poor luck myself but I have learned to keep my fingers out of the spinning wheel things.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~