View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 10:03 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Personally, I find the rear spring/shock/suspension setup to be way to hard on my Hawk, and the front to be just about right. I may spend some time tweaking the front in the next couple of months, but I don't want to get too carried away trying to make the Hawk suspension as good as the DR's. That could get really expensive really quick. The only problem I really have is the rear. I'm honestly afraid that I'm going to fold the bike in half when I'm on my way down after a jump or hill and I'm airborne. It absorbs the initial shock of landing reasonably well, but there isn't any followthrough. It just seems to stop traveling. I've checked everything out and it isn't binding or locking up anywhere, and I've reviewed video of the jumps and everything seems to be moving well. I think it's just a hard setup. That's my two cents' worth, at least. I still really enjoy the bike, and I'm really looking forward to having it in Tampa next week.
If it is too harsh in the rear, I'm guessing the spring rate is too high for your weight. I've forgotten where I found a piggyback resivoir shock for the back, but it was on Alibaba. Manufacturers have been known to put overly stout springs on vehicles with weak shocks. Harley Sportsters had this problem for many years at the rear.