View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 10:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
You get better top end flow, and the jets for mikunis are far more readily available locally...not to mention some of the keihin clone carbs used funky non keihin sized jets to make it even more coomplicated... you can go to any powersports store and get mikuni jets...
Yep. Every one of my Keihin clones have greatly varied in quality and build. The one on my Rhino was pure junk. For the 30.00, you can get a "known good" carb, that has readily available jetting for your particular mods and elevation....and every one I've replaced makes the bike/quad run stronger. Some folks have noticed this, some have not.

The other upside is you can do as many or as few mods as you want, and keep the bike breathing properly with the available Mikuni jetting.

That said, my neighbor is perfectly happy with how his new TT250 runs with the stock setup....but we're at 3000'. These CB's have a tendency to come horribly lean.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350