View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 02:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post

That said, my neighbor is perfectly happy with how his new TT250 runs with the stock setup....but we're at 3000'. These CB's have a tendency to come horribly lean.
You hit the nail on the head, kinda sorta, without even trying. About 10 to 12 years ago here, but more and more on mychinamoto, many westerners traveled, or moved to China, bought cheap CG bikes (mostly enduros) and took them on grand tours of the country. This was before the authorities really cared (not as many accidents) as well as before more westerners moved to China who obtained licenses and shamed anyone even suggesting to try an unlicensed bike trip ("Would you take a vacation to England and ride without a license??" came up more and more often when people on horizonsunlimited or advrider asked about doing moto-vacation tours in China).

Off subject, but getting to the point--those riders who passed high elevation passes reported how great their 150cc (sometimes larger--i.e. 200cc Zongshen enduro that Spud made famous--i forget the model but it was popular as well) did on the passes; not to mention how great the engines performed overall at all elevations. But, yes, they were lean from the factory. OK, memory lane over--back on topic...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard