View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 10:16 PM   #21

I've motorcycle and bicycle camped for years. A lot of fun except for the occasional monsoon. Those are what make memories, though.

Good suggestions all. If I may add, bring a GOOD coffee pot if you need that caffeine jolt in the morning. I've tried those pour thru filter things and my oatmeal walked over and kicked the coffees' butt.

I just bought a camping hammock for myself. Don't recall the brand, it was an Amazon Lightning Deal. Has tree straps and bug netting. I already have the nylon tarp and a tyvek sheet. I've used the tarp and tyvek before for stealth camping. With rope, the thing weighs about a pound.

I have acquired a few two man tents and several larger ones. Stoves and lanterns out the wahzoo. And sleeping bags rated from 40F to -5F.

Mrs. C and I are planning a couple of overnight trips on the Ural in late spring/early summer, so I probably won't need to use a lot of the light weight gear. Heck, I can haul a Coleman two burner along on that beast. And a real coffee pot.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts