View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 10:21 AM   #25

As is stated by both rtking and culcune, the RX3 in that review was put through a ton of stuff that it wasn't really intended for....so no surprise on the outcome. Again, even with the obvious abuse and hammering it took, the bike didn't break once...and lives on to make another owner happy.

My experience with the RX3 has been like this. At first, I thought it was a "nice enough" bike. Pipey for a 4 stroke, slightly odd to ride the powerband at first.....but....the more I rode it (and modded it for me), the more attached I got to it.

Mind you, I have other bikes so it's not like the RX3 was the Lone Ranger and I had no other riding options. After about the first six months, now it's my rider of choice. My dual sport feels abandoned, as does the big cruiser. Thank goodness for float chargers.

The RX3 (for how and where I ride) is a pleasure to spend time on. It's handling in the paved twisties is completely predictable and has yet to hand me any "deep corner surprises". For the gravel roads and mild trails I'll ride on occasion, it's stable and comfortable, even with the stock tires. Keep in mind, I don't ride near as aggressively as I did years ago.

So........I got so attached to my RX3, I had to buy a second one for the Mrs because she started to get too attached to mine!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350