View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 09:14 AM   #1

Newbie From Western Mass

Hello, hello everyone! I'm GundamPharmacist (aka GP), and I'm so happy to have found a forum that seems dedicated to Asian and Chinese scooters among other things. I purchased a TaoTao ATM-50-A1 used off of Craigslist in August as my first vehicle and I love riding it... when it doesn't throw off its rear tire off the bead.

First time I was pulling out of a Walmart, looked like the tire that was on it was in bad condition so I got a new one; second time happened in November when I was turning in a parking lot. Third time was near the end of the year, again during a turn, and now today when I was forced to turn a bit too sharply onto a street on the way to work. Oddly enough the tire itself was fine.

I did some research, and now I'm learning that the wheels, both rims and tires might be... let's be civil and say sub-par. It's the only problem I've had with this scooter in the almost six months I've had it, and I've been doing the best I can to keep it maintained. Any recommendations as to good replacement rims before I make a mistake ordering something? I'm currently using 3.5x10s right now.