Thread: Best Hawk
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 08:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheHawkNE View Post

jerryhawlk; I think I've been on here everyday, avg. 2 hours a day, since Jan 6 so you may be the real weirdo here! But seriously, you've done some pretty sick things for a good price. Defiantly about to delve into your post history for some creative inspiration.
Weirdo????From the guy that's been stalking everyone here? My goal is to do as much as I can on the least amount of money possible. lol It was the way I was brought up. When I was young we didn't have much money so everything I had was paid for by money I earned weather it was cutting grass, collecting soda pop bottles for .05 a bottle and my .25 a week allowance. My 1st 2 wheeler or should I say our 1st 2 wheeler was an old mini bike my brother and I picked up for $20. I was only 14 at this time. It had an old worn out 3hp Tecumseh or as we called it a tejunkski
. It was a piece of s__t. So we scraped our money together and had $60. We had our oldest brother bring us to Sears and Roebuck and we went look at a 5hp briggs. This is where the racing instinct clicked in. there were two versions sitting in front of us. One was the classic old copper colored briggs and next to it was a white colored one for a few dollars less. So we started reading the specs. Copper colored motor had a cast iron flywheel with max rpm of 3600 with a governor. The white motor has a aluminum flywheel with a max rpm of 3800 no governor and was designed for high speed pumps. needless to say we went with white. We brought it home and went to mount it. It was a tight squeeze, we had to take the spark plug off to get it past the frame. had about a 1/4" gap between the frame and head. We got everything all hooked up. my brother got on it first, cracked the throttle and flipped it over backwards. First mod was a smaller sprocket. Man that little bike was fast. My oldest brother clocked it at 53mph. From there on I was hooked on speed and hopping up everything that had a motor. Chapter 2 to follow. "Jerry and his 1st motorcycle"
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel