View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 06:17 AM   #1

Skyteam V-Raptor rider near Bremen, Germany

Dear Ladys and Gentlemen,
Since October 2016 I am an owner of a new Skyteam V-Raptor 250. I bought the machine via Internet. It is (was) a black one. Since then I've made a lot modifications and I like this fuel-to-energy system more and more!
The raptor came in a carton box, reinforced by a steel frame.

So I got a motorbike and raw material to build a support to lift the bike before reparations or modifications.

Then I build it up on my own.

Here are my modifications respectively optimizations:
- remove of Stickers from the tank an the side Panels
- covering the Fender and the side panels with black spray-foil, non-glossy
- covering of tank with two component clear varnish, non-glossy
- Building and mounting of a tool box
- mounting a rev meter
- changing head lamp
- changing weights at the Ends of the handle bar
- Building and mounting Motor protection
- Building and mounting reinforment for the numberplate
- Building and mounting a new Cockpit
- enlargement of foot pedal of rear brake
- mounting of daytime running light for the front
- changing the bolt of the cickstarter pedal against M8 screw --> less vibrations while running
- filled the Motor nearly completely with Motor oil (Mineral) while the clutch handle is drawn, one turn with the cickstarter, purging the oil until the small Window is still completely covered (more oil than specified by user Manual) --> now the clutch is working very soft!
- Drilling with 17mm drill directly from the back into the muffler until there is no more resistance, protecting the surfaces with black oven spray --> much better Sound now!
- mounting of a chain oiler
- Building and mounting of an Instrument Support on the handle bar
- I have already new tires for changing at home. I ordered the same Profile but made by Dunlop becaus I've read in several Forums that the original tires are not balanced. Until now I did not need new tires.
- changing of the ignition coil because one day the digital rev Counter had no Signal and I had interuptions during the Motor runs in idle Speed. I used a new coil which I had as replacement for my MBK scooter. Now everything works fine.

In total: I am very happy with the raptor. It is running now like a sewing machine.
Attached Images