View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 10:49 AM   #519

These things are lame at lower R's anyway, oddly so really.

General breathing improvements will help across all rpm's....though as you state, really opening up the breathing like Gerry did to the race bike will improve higher R's. I all but ruined the low end grunt on my Husqvarna when I ported the crap out of it. It made it a rocket "on the pipe" when out on the track, but I ruined what little trail riding ability it had. Now that I'm older, I wish I wouldn't have gone so radical with it.

The biggest problem we have with "our version" of these bikes is that it doesn't really matter what we do, we're basically stuck with the injection mapping and predetermined timing curve. The sensors can adjust only so far. It would be neat to get a carb version and then start to play.

My attempt to help breathing isn't to make it a fire breather, it's just to help make what we have a little more efficient. It's all just in "good fun" really. I can't help but tinker. It's how I'm programmed. The upside is if it makes little to no difference, I'll just toss a stock pipe back on it and call it a day.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350