View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 10:05 PM   #35

There are many more steps involved, but one has to go through steps to get off-road certification, and the bikes are already equipped with full street lighting (both the Hawk and the Magician), so it must have to do with some kind of manufacturing shortcut in the engine that won't allow it to ever pass is my guess. To go with a completely new engine would make them start over from scratch. It is a lengthy process from scratch, too, so they would lose over a year of sales if they went that route. Heck, for all we know, they are in the process as we speak?! We can collectively cross our fingers that this is the case! In the meantime, they keep selling the off-road bikes?! Having lived in AZ for so long, I guess I take it for granted being able to street plate a multitude of vehicles, and there are many states like Arizona, so maybe Haosen couldn't care less and will keep selling them like this? As much as I appreciate the street legal bikes, and desire a Brozz, I do find myself desiring the project-in-a-box that the Hawk is. I like the thought of taking a 'raw' bike that is not 'supposed' to be on the street and putting it on the street, and upgrading things like the sprockets and the carb. I wish to ride one to Cabo San Lucas from Yuma via the Baja peninsula, at least before I possibly move out of Yuma and back to California in the next few months.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard