View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by da4design View Post
Anyone have some cheap helmet ideas? I can get a a scorpion for $50..Don't know about that brand. Any input is appreciated.
Personal opinion, do NOT skimp out on a helmet. It is the only "real" protection between your skull and the pavement/stationary object. Don't be a squid. As the famous Jeremy Clarkson said, "Speed never killed anyone, it's becoming stationary that gets you." You may be the best rider in the world, but other drivers are unaware and negligent, texting, facebooking etc. Don't risk it, BUY the helmet BEFORE the bike. Always been my moto.

IIHS - "Because serious head injury is common among fatally injured motorcyclists, helmet use is important. Helmets are about 37 percent effective in preventing motorcycle deaths and about 67 percent effective in preventing brain injuries." Cited from NHTSA

Get at least a DOT approved helmet, if not a ECE approved helmet. It's your choice, you don't need a extremely expensive helmet but a medium range one would be perfect.

I bought the AFX FX-39DS helmet

It's great, I have a gold reflective shield that drops down independent of the clear shield. It also allows you to use MX goggles with the visor down. I have my SENA cam and bluetooth on it as well.