View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I have no idea other than you look like a tool in a big ass helmet in something that resembles a car running around town .At least on the can am you ride it like a bike in the wind .
I can do you guys one better ,for 5 years I drove a 5 mph Zamboni at a hockey rink .The last year ,they handed us snowboard helmets and made us wear them .I didn't like that so I asked the manager of the city arenas wtf is up with the stupid helmet ,he told me "what if you have a stroke and fell off " ,after laughing my ass off I asked him why he doesn't wear one in his pickup truck ,he could just as easily have a stroke as any of us and hit his dorky head ? he had no answer for me so I left him high and dry with a pre season NHL game to deal with in an hour ,and never went back .
I can tell you why. It's because some asshat at the insurance company decided that there was a one in a million chance of you falling off of the Zamboni so they decided to make the employer require the helmet or they would jack up their premiums or not insure them all together. That's why every single piece of safety equipment is required from seatbelts to helmets to safety glasses. It amounts to nothing more than legalized extortion. Here in Florida you don't have to wear anything besides eye protection to ride a motorcycle as long as you carry at least $20K worth of personal injury insurance. As a result you see tons of people out riding in nothing more than sunglasses and flip flops. Yet to ride a Personal Water Craft according to the information that I've seen you have to wear a life jacket and a helmet. Since there's more people that ride motorcycles than PWC's the insurance companies benefit because they are collecting premiums from people that ride bikes but choose not to wear a helmet whereas the PWC crowd is much smaller so they get saddled with a ridiculous helmet law.
2016 CSC TT 250, 17/40 sprockets, JT 428 chain, Stock Keima carburetor with needle raised 1 notch and 115 main jet. Modified stock exhaust, Tachometer/Digital cluster upgrade. LED headlight, Superbrightleds 1157 Tail light bulb, Shinko 705's 90/90-21 and 120/80-18.