View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #1

1984 Honda Aero125 Project

Hey guys! it's been for ever! hope everyones doing well.

I recently got a 1984 honda aero 125. i got it runing well, then the next morning i go to start it and nothing. i have spark, getting fuel and have compression, but im pretty sure im getting to much fuel. the bystarter is completely broken off, and is just a hole. i can get it to run sometimes, i usually have to plug the choke hole with my finger to get it to start up, and when i do it idles rough, and eventually slows down and dies. sometimes i can get it to idle decent, then i go for a 200 foot ride, with good acceleration, and it feels great. but then after 200 ft or so it bogs down and wont idle and dies. reason i think its a fuel issue is because when its idling bad, if i unscrew the float bowl and drain out the gas, it begins to run/idle better and faster. could it be related to the float?

im wondering if anyone knows a completely compatible/ including the throttle cable being compatible, carb i could buy to replace the stock one. i know the intake side bolts are 48mm apart, and the hole is 22mm.

i have a carb that will bolt up, but the throttle slide doesnt go all the way down into the carb, i need to cut a small piece of the plastic on the cable so the cable goes down further i think ( if that will work please let me know)

would love any suggestions on getting it running good again. im not even 100% sure its the carb. thanks!
2008 Ninja 250R Sold
1984 Honda aero 125 Sold
1980 Honda CM400T Sold