View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 01:39 AM   #5339

I'm leaning toward the repair-and-reship option.

For a few reasons:
1. The paperwork headache is something I really don't want to deal with.
2. As has been mentioned, CSC carries every single nut, bolt, panel and washer. And, through everything I've seen and read, I have zero doubt that they would be able to make it 100% new again.
3. Judging by the posts I've seen on here, I don't think there are even any more 2016 models left to exchange (Unless they want to ship me a 2017 . . . hmmmm).

I just worry about there being some hidden issues that don't make themselves known until it's much more inconvenient to address. As rtking said, it looks like the whole dang crate fell off of the truck. So, I'd be concerned about geometry issues and weak/broken mounts or welds.

I dunno. It's just one of those things where - I paid for a new bike. So, I want a new bike. It was part of the whole experience for me. Now I'm buying a used bike that's been dropped and repaired.

This is in no way a knock on CSC. And, I wish I could find someone to point the finger at . . . but, unless either RoadRunner or the regional logistics contractor out of Orlando fess up to it, I doubt I'll ever find out what actually happened.

Out of all of this . . . the one thing that still blows my mind . . . at no point did any driver, handler, warehouse manager, etc go "Hmm, this thing doesn't look right". They just sent it on through to my door.

And the driver had the audacity to get mad at me for refusing delivery. He literally said "I have 3 more stops to make. How am I supposed to unload my freight with this thing in the way?"

I dunno dude . . . sounds like a 'you' problem, not a 'me' problem.

All part of the adventure, I suppose!

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off"