View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 07:45 AM   #10

Sometimes you're the car, sometimes you're the deer staring at the pretty lights.

We are rapidly approaching crunch time for our adventure and there is still much to finish on the bikes. And I still have to fix our little Mazda pickup's brakes. Which were designed by a madman.

Understanding this and being the expedient and amazing woman that I love, Elizabeth designed and built some quickie pannier racks that would just bolt on and require no welding! This is important, since I do not currently own a welder and had some vague notion to borrow the use of a friend's but no actual plan

I like that it is simple and elegant and with the bag straps not resting on the racks, all they do is keep the bags from swinging inward. We might add a rear brace to help but that would not take long with a drill and a few bolts. Good enough for our trip! I still would like to create the racks we originally had in mind, but when you are running out of time, what does the trick trumps grandiose plans!

She even improved the design when she formed the second set! I might go get more tubing and duplicate this one, it looks sharp!

I am a lucky lucky boy.