View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 08:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual_sport17 View Post
Hello everyone, and I mean absolutely no offense, but I'm wondering if any of you were nervous about your Chinese bike when you first got it and rode it.

I've read a lot online and found a lot of haters and a bunch of people really liking their Hawks and putting a bunch of miles on them. A friend of mine actually has one and I rode it around for a few miles, just around town (at lower speeds). I couldn't escape the feeling, "Is this thing going to fall apart while I'm riding it?" I did have it up to 45mph just for a minute, and that's when I started to feel a bit nervous.

Am I alone on this? Did anyone else feel the same way.

Bottom line question...Is this a safe bike to ride?

Apologies if I offended anyone; didn't mean to. Just asking a legitimate question.
My model bashan has about the worst reputation on this site for what Merlin and I have gone through..., as Merlin would put it, a pile of s#/T.

I was really surprised that having the reservation that you did , that you would ride someone's bike that they built.

The thing is after you hand build, adjust, and care for these machines yourself, your confidence will be 100% in them. I have come to a point where I don't dare take my bike without a proper check starting with the chain tension and a quick ping of the spokes. Why, we'll mine hauled me over 300 (real) miles last week while motorcycle camping and you dont take on trips like these very lightly even on a brand name jap bike. I have come to a point to where I can rely on this bike 100% , it just takes longer to get there at 55mph. I don't think I will be visiting Bismark ND. Any time soon
Attachment 9494
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~