View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 11:11 AM   #5370

Initial thoughts . . .

500 miles later . . .

I absolutely love this motorcycle! It is surprisingly FUN to ride! Lots of looks from people trying to figure out what the hell it is

So far:
The seat sucks. Like - ALOT. I'm 5'11" 190 lbs . . . so, not really a big guy . . . but, not a small guy either. After an hour or two of riding. OUCH. Definitely upgrading.

False neutral between 5th and 6th . . . I get it about 60% of the time.

Finding the actual neutral . . . basically what I spend most of the time doing at stop lights and then the light changes right when I find it.

Seat issue aside, it is incredibly comfortable to ride. Very well balanced. Standing and riding off road feels natural (I've never ridden dirt or off road).

Took a spill in some sand and the engine guards did their job very well (glad I took my panniers off that morning!). Got that "first drop" out of the way

It's WAY louder than I expected. This was calmed a bit when I took my boxes off. Not necessarily a good or bad thing . . . just an observation.

Had to work all weekend, so not much riding. But, I managed to get through the 500 mile break-in in about 3 days . . . so, I'm already anticipating putting some serious miles on this thing. I'll be doing the first service on it tomorrow afternoon and hopefully a long-ish overnight trip Saturday.

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off"