View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 04:18 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
Thanks for your thoughtful reply...
As usual, you are welcome.

Quote:
...As a consumer, I want as much info on the product as possible. Both good and not-so-good.......and to know if a problem is a simple fix, or more involved and costly.

I hope people don't misinterpret all my questions as being negative to CSC.

Quite the contrary. CSC has consistently gone above and beyond in supporting the RX3...
I don't interpret your questions as negative. Your questions are a natural response to gain information about possible problems with a motor vehicle you own. Contrary to being negative, I regard you as one of the most active, helpful, and polite members of this forum.

I also agree with your positive comments regarding the customer service from CSC.

Quote:
...However, in one of CSC Dude's blog posts, he said that they would prefer problems to be discussed directly with CSC, and NOT on the "forums".

I think open discussion is beneficial to solving problems.

For example:

Because of open discussion, I was able to correct several potential issues on my DR 650 that could have become serious and expensive problems.

...neutral indicator bolt
...counter shaft seal retainer
...upper chain roller

All simple fixes, if done before they become an issue.

Not sharing this information would have been a disservice to DR owners.

IMO, reporting issues openly, by actual owner/riders, not the "keyboard commandos", is beneficial to all owners.

jb
I haven't read CSC Dude's blog post regarding that matter. However, as you stated, virtually all motorcycles have some mechanical issues which need to be addressed. Naturally, all owners of those motorcycles wish to be made aware of any potential problems. This is a normal reaction for any wise consumer, especially the purchaser of a motor vehicle. Therefore, I agree completely with all your comments.

I knew you were having some mechanical issues, and I also knew you were nearing the end of your warranty coverage. Therefore, I felt morally obligated to advise you, and others in your situation, of the possible consequences which might occur if your valve clearances will not stabilize. I appreciate the excellent customer service from CSC, and I truly want them to succeed and prosper. However, I feel an even greater obligation to my fellow RX3 owners, such as yourself.

I have had several mechanical problems with my RX3. You might remember the problem which occurred when the crankshaft nut loosened, and cracked the right crankcase on my motorcycle. As far as I know, nobody else has encountered this problem, probably because CSC notified everyone else and advised them to perform a maintenance check at 10,000 miles. As with resolving that problem, I also didn't want to perform a top end rebuild of this engine. However, to their credit, in both instances CSC honored their unlimited mileage, 2-year warranty.

Many of us on this forum, and other forums, have contributed a great deal to the improvement of the CSC Cyclone RX3. We are dedicated enthusiasts of this motorcycle, so we naturally will continue to inform fellow owners of potential problems, upgrades, and modifications. This normal process of sharng information is universal for owners of all motor vehicles from all vendors, whether big or small, foreign or domestic.

Despite having several mechanical problems, I am still glad I purchased a Zongshen RX3 motorcycle from CSC. The more I ride my Zongshen RX3, the more I enjoy riding it, especially after I installed the lighter spring (now standard) on my Progressive shock, and switched to a 21-inch front wheel.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894