View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 01:54 PM   #55

Well, it's been almost two months since the SHTF and I've come to the conclusion that management hasn't a clue on how to handle the upcoming move. Apparently, they've hired a plant manager for the place in SC and that's it. Nothing about disposition of assets in this building or how things are to be set up in the new place. My boss is pretty pissed about the whole thing, but he hates change anyway. I'm thinking early retirement for him, with me not too far behind.

In other news, it looks like the building may have already sold. Surprised the crap outta me. Been a lot of suits here with tape measures and tablets.

And the CFO that was let go back in March, yeah, he apparently was seriously lacking in ethics. Big time. Jail time coming by the sound of things. We've always harbored some suspicions about how he did things but had a hard time pinning things down. The last two sales guys hired were both CPAs who starting questioning him how he did things and kept getting the runaround. That was enough of a red flag for one of the guys and he went directly to the Chairman of the Board with what he had. So far, we've found collusion with auditors to hide misuse of funds, accepting gifts from vendors(which is a big NO NO for us peons), and accepting kickbacks from banks. He did one thing that has totally pissed off both the Sales and Service staffs. When he set up the company AMEX account years ago, he had it set up in his name so that all reward points went to him. Points that guys like me earned in our travels. He took 2.1M points with him, valued at $21000.00. His reasoning was the 'He earned the points'. Not us. He covered his tracks pretty well by removing pages of monthly reports on who spent what to earn those points, except he missed one month of pages back in 2010 and that's what nailed him.

The company has asked for the points back and he more or less gave us a big FU. At which point, the company lawyers told him "Fine. The account was in your name. You will be held responsible for all invoices incurred from the time of your dismissal until the time the account was canceled." Choke on that, you prick.

Always wondered how he took so many cruises every year.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts