Thread: Ssr xf250
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 10:51 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs91882 View Post
I'm looking forward to more about this bike. I wish we could get more reviews. Anyone know the diffence between this and the CSC TT250? Like which one has better quality and finish etc???
While I do not have an SSR XF250, I do have the Qlink XP 200 and they are made by the same company and share probably 80+% of the same parts. I also have a TT250 and have completely tore it down. Here's my take on both bikes:

The TT250 is the nicest Hondoid that I've seen, to date. It has the nicest fit and finish of any Hondoid I've seen. It comes with extra doo-dads such as LED blinkers, 300 watt stator, etc... That said, it still has many Old World aspects to it, such as the same old weak box metal swing arm Hondoids have used forever. Don't over-torque the axle or you'll smash it. Some of the items are still not "top grade" such as some of the hardware. It still uses heavy steel rims. The seat, while comfortable, has some of the cheesiest upholstery I've seen. Seems durable but it's very thin and stretchy. it's a single piece and is stretched over the entire banana.

Mechanically, some of the fasteners still did not line up and some of the holes needed to be chased with a tap or they would have stripped. There was a lack of "Chinese Butter Bolts" on the TT that I've dealt with on older Hondoids. The CG motor, while proven very reliable and "tried and true", is an old-tech pushrod (like an old Panhead) and is NO powerhouse. Everyone here goes to great lengths to try to ring out whatever extra power that may be hidden inside.....though it does exhibit a nice mid-range bump in the power curve.

The Qlink (SSR/QuinQi) is the real deal. I'd put it up against a Suzuki DR200 any day of the week. The fit and finish is top level, as are the materials that it's built with. The welds appear as they were done by a tradesman as opposed to a drunk 5 year old. The seat upholstery is rugged and durable and is a stitched, three piece unit that's "fit" to the seat. I'm not sure about the SSR but on my Qlink, the top panel of the seat upholstery (that you sit on) is of a thicker, woven mesh that breathes.

The plastics are made of the thick, yet flexible stuff that the Japanese bikes have always used, not that old ridged, thin stuff that cracks and breaks after a short time. The paint quality is excellent and after all the years, I have yet to have a chip or material failure. There is no orange peel. The Q has the best front brake of any CB I've had, though back then the rear was still a heavy drum. The SSR has rear disk. Even back then, the Q came with a braided brake line. The rims are alloy and the spokes are stainless, creating wheels that hold their appearance and more importantly, lessen unsprung weight. Also, the welded aluminum swingarm (that has link suspension) not only reduces unsprung weight, but it a thing of beauty. The weld work is amazing.

The motor in my Q is a Suzuki 200cc overhead cam with a real Mikuni CV carb. The SSR XF 250 has the TU250 Suzuki motor in it. The jury is out if these are "clones" or the real deal.....as the QuinQi factory actually MAKES the Suzuki motors for Suzuki, along with small displacement Kawasaki and KTM motors...and have for a long time. The airbox is of such a nice design with a large, foam, easily accessible filter, it doesn't need to be swapped for a pod filter.

While my Qlink (at 200cc) is no fire breather, it will take the TT250 in a straight line, even with the pipe, Mikuni, pod filter and proper jetting in the TT. Q has been jetted and has a different muffler but is stock otherwise. I have yet to ride the SSR XF250 so I don't know its performance characteristics, but it's in the plan. Q has always had USD forks and a gas shock.

It just depends on what you're looking for and wanting. The SSR (as was Q) is a more expensive CB than the Hondoids at about twice the price per unit....but you don't compare the SSR to the Hondoid and say "Man...that's expensive." You compare it to the DR200 and say "Man....that's half the price of the Suzuki and it's a nicer bike."

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350