Thread: Ssr xf250
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 05:26 PM   #70

The tires look great. I had no idea a fuel gauge was added to the new XF! This is not a fast revving bike, but don't worry it gets much better as you break in the motor and make some mods. This motor comes with lots of restrictions on it, probably to make it California emissions friendly. Here is what has worked for me so far...

The slow revving nature of the bike probably has a lot to do with the C/V carb on this bike. Jetting makes a huge difference. Also, there is a thin metal cap covering your idle mixture screw which is set pretty lean; carefully pierce it and pull it out(corkscrew?). The slide hole modification is an easy mod to do and probably one of the biggest... did you say you ordered the Amazon jet kit? If so it comes with the drill bit and instructions. If not, I will look at mine and see what size bit you need and take some photos.

The smog device bolted to your exhaust header causes the bike to run lean/hot and pop during deceleration, remove that and fabricate a plate to cap off the remaining hole.

Consider modifying your air cleaner box if needed, I drilled about a half dozen 3/4" holes in the top of mine.

The muffler is stuffed with a catalytic converter that needs to be removed. The amazon kit also includes a 3/8" bit to drill an extra hole or two into the end of the muffler. A slip on aftermarket type would be nice as well.

Here is a great CV carb tuning guide a mechanic shared with me....

http://www.factorypro.com/tech_tunin...m_engines.html