View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 02:02 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcjetpilot View Post
I have some questions:
- Seat height, can you lower it and how.
- Is it legal in Tennessee, assume you get some paperwork to register it.
- The Hawk is $360 cheaper than the Pro Bozz 250.
- Do these bikes have rear drum or disk? I read and see different specs.

I am debating to buy a RPS Hawk or Pro Bozz 250. The price difference is about $360 (Pro Bozz more expensive)... look very similar, except the instruments, inverted front struts and fake carbon fiber panel accents. I like to get rear disk, but some have drum (may be all have drum).

Seat height. I am 5'7". I have been riding motorcycles for almost 40 years with a 15 year break in the middle. I am use to tippy toe on bikes. I currently have a BMW R1150RT which I modified seat, I can't flat foot both feet,... but it's doable. Can I lower this. I guess I can move front forks up in triple clamp, cut the rear shock spring and take out padding in seat (although it looks minimal now). I know the "Magician" has a lower seat height, but not digging on the looks.

Is there issues getting these licensed.

I went to Vietnam and Thailand and love the little scooters. That is what got me into looking at China bikes. I want a small bike to take to the store or back up vehicle, may be have some light trail or dirt road riding.
The seat cover and foam from csc (tt250 aftermarket seat) will lower it by around 2-1/2 inches.