View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 09:57 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas@Air_Lift View Post
I think I may have figured this out. The small ~20ga power wires feed the entire EFI system.. CDI box, fuel pump, injector, all of it, I think isn't flowing enough current. I have noticed that while the bike is running, the fuel pump sounds like it is spinning significantly slower than when the bike is off and I am priming the system. A Multimeter confirms that the pump is only getting around 10V with the engine at idle, so I can only imagine that is even less as the revs go up and the CDI starts sucking down more power. I am going to try using the connector off the EFI harness to trigger a relay, and run the relay power and pump ground direct to the battery.

I am really at wits end with this project. It's very hard for me to justify spending another $100 on a new pump and regulator when I can buy a nice carb for that price. If this doesn't work, I may just give up on this
It sounds like your stator doesn't produce enough power at idle, try checking the voltage while revving the motor a little. IF the voltage comes up then it would only be affecting EFI at idle... if it doesn't come up, either the voltage regulator is bad or the stator is weak. IF it's the stator, replace it with an aftermarket performance one... just don't give up yet, we are all counting on you!