View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 02:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Goat;

I have a pretty good idea of what you're talking about. I have the Hawk that I use for around town jaunts, and the DR I use for long-distance and highway outings. I'm going to sound a little (Ok, a LOT) biased here, but have you given any thought to looking for a Suzuki DR 650? They are basically the incredible hulk version of the Hawk/Brozz. It's a single cylinder, air cooled, carbureted motorcycle. An incredibly simple and proven design that hasn't changed in nearly 20 years. That means parts are super easy to come by, and you can pretty much stick it back together in the field with a twist of grass and some bailing wire. My DR has been kitted out to ride the Trans-America Trial, and it's pretty much bulletproof. It has the kind of room you're talking about for two up riding, and that room transfers over to storage space for those long solo getaways. I pack my bedroll and tent, cooking stuff and food, and I'm comfortable for a nice long ride. The DR's can be found in really good shape for between $2,800-$3,500, depending on miles, condition, and appearance. The best part, is that it's equally at home on the dirt, or on the street. I'm hoping that an honest first-hand account might give you some more food for thought.
Thanks for the input you pretty much nailed it I love the Brozz but I want something a bit more.

I will do some looking and research on the Suzuki any year in particular?