View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 03:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lprewitt View Post
Well, I have put almost 2000 miles on my Storm since last October. It has been great. Engine is just now freeing up on acceleration and cruising at 55 mph. BUT, now the problem: I got on my bike after a week of not riding it (we were out of town). I drove it down the street just to find out that I had no rear brake. I immediatelly turned around headed back to the house for inspection. I found out that the pressing the brake pedal did nothing to compress the rear calipers and no rear brake light. So, my guess was that air had somehow gotten into the rear brake system. I then attempted to bleed the air out of the master cylinder (I have done this many times on Honda car clutch slave cylinders and brake system). But, to my disappointment, no fluid from the bleed screw after holding down the rear brake pedal and opening/closing the bleed screw. Repeated it many times; still no fluid from the bleed screw and nothing happening to the fluid in the reservoir. So, my guess is that the piston in the brake master cylinder is stuck. Since I have no brake light, the pressure switch in the master cylinder for the light is not being closed either due to no pressure. Has anyone else experienced this? Or, I'm probably missing something and sure would appreciated the expertise from this forum. Thanks.
Are you running the original brake fluid that came with the bike? ....ARH