Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Hello everyone

I'm yet another of those older guys returning to riding after many decades away from it. I have always ridden smaller bikes, mostly 250cc, my favorite. I have owned a couple Yamahas and Suzukis over the years. I used to do crazy stuff like ride a 250cc cross country, WOT for 4 days. Those days are gone, but I recently bought an 82 Yamaha SR250, just like the one I owned new back in the day. It needs work, and I can't trust it for any kind of riding at the moment. Forget riding cross-country, I can't trust it to make it around the block.

I have been looking around a lot at various options in the 250cc range, and it's pretty clear that for the money, I can't beat an RPS Hawk or Magician, even though I'm not much of a trail rider anymore (and no real places to ride off-road around here anyway). So I'm definitely planning to do more street riding.

I'm really fond of the so-called "Universal Japanese Motorcycle" style, sometimes known as a cafe style bike or a British style bike. I love the look of the SYM Wolf Classic 150 and the Cleveland Cyclewerks Ace 250, but if price wasn't an issue, I'd love to have a Suzuki TU250X. But for half the price of the Suzuki, I think I could handle a Chinese 250 that wasn't exactly in line with my preferences as far as looks go.

I have been reading a lot of the very informative posts here as well as looking at the Youtube videos many of you have put online, and I thought I should go ahead and join the forum and introduce myself.