Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwam Jones View Post
Yes, I miss that 'other' forum also. If it's the one I think it is.

As to CSC, I really do like what I see, but they sure do know how to make choices difficult! Their prices (and I'm sure they are worth what they are asking) are just at the tipping point for me - none of the styles they currently offer really appeal to me - but I'd settle for a style I don't care for if the price is in the Hawk / Magician territory, you know? Once we get up to the 3K range, I am finding it harder to mentally justify not getting a Suzuki or a Honda or even something from CCW. Heck, I keep see-sawing back and forth on the SYM Tiger Classic, even though it's a 150. Argh. Choices!

It's not CSC's fault that I'm not fond of the modern styles; I understand that they are super popular and I get it. But I'm old and just don't care for the design. Would I do it? Yes, if the price justified it. And then probably do something awful to it.

I know how ya feel about the CSC bikes but they really are the best bang for the buck.

I looked at a new Kawi 300 Versys and it is in the 6K plus range.

You can get a used nice 650 Versys for around the same or a bit less.

I have the Brozz and love it but it will not take it on the freeway it can not get going that fast.

Others have recommended a Suzuki I believe it is a DM or another 650 range Dual sport but I find these too big. I would rather get a street bike then like the Versys.

Well enough ramblin I wish you luck in finding the ride.
I would stay away from the Magician. The Hawk is nice the Bashan like I have is also nice a little step up from the Hawk.

PS
The initials from the other site are AK