View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 04:05 PM   #50

Option Dos'

Well, since Ive actually started to enjoy beating my head against the wall....I thought I'd try yet another muffler on the RX3.

With the mid-pipe cut from the stock RX3 muffler, the CRF230 compatible muffler that the TT250's, Hawks, Bashan bikes CG bikes are using, slipped right on perfectly. I just had to move the pre-existing bracket I whacked off the stock muffler and reformatted the plastic side piece a little. I can tell you that it passes WAY more gasses than the stock unit or the little one I had on previously. You easily get hit with puffs standing 8 feet behind it.

Louder than stock? Yep.....but not by a bunch at idle, by any means. I think it's actually quieter than the little one I just took off. Much deeper tone, that's for sure. It gets kind of loud when you're revving it but has a nice "bobble" at idle. As long as it settles down at cruise speed, it's all good.

Now, if my countershaft washers show up today, I'll take it out for a shake-down cruise and see how it goes.

If I like it and it doesn't interfere with the bag bars, I'll order a black one and put this one back on the TT. In the meantime, Mrs. 2LZ TT250 isn't going anywhere for a little while. ;-)

EDIT: Washers showed up and I took it out. Wow...I'll have to run it against Mrs. 2LZ stock RX3 again. Even if it's not "faster", the throttle response at lower R's is noticeably improved. There is a DEFINITE increase in usable torque between 3500-5000. Just cruising at low speeds, I don't feel like I have to ring its neck to get some power. Ordering a black setup today. At cruise, it quieted down nicely.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 05-26-2020 at 12:25 PM.