View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 12:05 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I forgot to mention something else I wanted to point out. Many people that re-jet the stock PZ30 clones often run a Mikuni 110 main jet. If you use actual Keihin jets in a PZ30, the jet sizes you see are going to actually be different.

The orifice size equates to a different jet number between the two.

I.E. A 110 Mikuni main jet uses a #56 drill bit size. The equivalent Keihin jet size that uses the same 56 drill bit is a 125. A 105 Mikuni is equivalent to a 118 Keihin.
Megadan, is there a chart somewhere with these jet sizes in comparison? Since before I bought my Bashan, I've been mentally keeping track of elelvations in comparison to jet sizes, and what would work for me and how I wanted to build my bike. Now that it's almost done, I realized that the jetting that works best for my Keihin is way higher than those typically used in a Hawk or

What I experienced is exactly how you described, and I think that if there's a comparison chart for Mikuni/Keihin jet sizes available, it would help alleviate a lot of confusion for the newer guys buying Bashans that come stock with the Keihins........just my 2 cents.

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......