View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 08:52 PM   #13

Yup, already planned on the anti-seize. Living in the rust belt I'm no stranger to stuck bolts but man was this plug was made of some soft aluminum. I could hardly apply any force on it before I could feel the material giving way.

One additional detail to the story is CSC wants me to call them to pay for the shipping on this $1.75 part that weights a few ounces. The cost of the part has been confirmed by CSC that it will be covered under warranty, but upon a quick search the CSC website clearly states:

"Replacement parts will be sent directly to you via standard ground shipping at no charge."

This is cut and pasted directly off their website. I don't know if something has changed but when I bought my RX3 it was a 2 year warranty on parts with 1 year on labor. The website is lacking the fine print on the warranty but it kind of sounds like BS to me. I mean for like $3.50 you can ship this part First Class Mail anywhere in the US.

I'm going to call them tomorrow to be sure, but I think my replacement plug is on its way after my last email from Gerry. At least I can now finish up my valve adjustment while I'm waiting.