View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 03:35 PM   #20

I wouldn't say that any one Hondoid is a "step up" from another Hondoid. All Hondoids share so many parts it's basically redundant. The CSC TT250 has all the cool stuff on it but bottom line is, it's still a Hondoid...albeit one with great service support, warranty and big parts support.

There are things that one may "prefer", like I want one with the balance shaft motor. I've had a few non-balanced shaft CG motors and they buzz noticeably more than the balance shaft motor. Yet....it's just a preference.

All of the new gen CB Hondoids have much better plastics than before, better frames which they all basically share, better general overall welding and construction than Hondoids of just 5 years ago.

IMHO, the only real "step ups" are either an SSR or some of the new Pitster Pro's offered.....and that step up comes at a price.

Whoever you choose from, I hope it all works out for you. I've heard good Q9 reviews on here, if I remember correctly, and Bobcat is right here in Sac but I've found them to be very expensive for a Hondoid and other quads. I have yet to go by. I may wander in someday just to look.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350