View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 08:43 PM   #1

Ooey, gooey, gluey RX3

Ok, I peeled the blue "speed", etc.. stickers off the white RX3. I just couldn't deal with the blue anymore.

Regardless of heat gun, ice packs, different peeling techniques, the glue REFUSED to stay on the sticker and stuck completely to the bike. I didn't think much of it until I went to try to remove the dreaded mess.

I used to work in auto body many years ago. I've peeled many-a-sticker, label and graphic. Never a real problem. A little glue gets left behind, either dabbing the wadded up sticker on it or a little wd40 and it was all good! This stuff!? It must be nuclear glue from a bizarre glue factory somewhere outside Chernobyl.

I've soaked it in Goo Gone, WD40, brake kleen, even gas additive....to no avail....and I mean SOAKED it. Let stand for 10 minutes at a time, running wet. I've even tried polishing compound. The biggest panic is there's a LOT of it.

Any favorite concoctions for removing this wicked crap? Peanut butter? Mayo? Anything? Did anyone else experience this?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350