View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 05:37 AM   #13

Congrats on taking the plunge, RD. Those of us in the know are all smiling as we get to watch another convert being born. These bikes are just about the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I have a list of mods on my Hawk that are pretty extensive, and they're all worth doing for one reason or another. In the end (which is really just the beginning), you're the person who gets to decide which mods are the most worthwhile. From the description you've laid out, I think that a carb-retune (although I seem to remember seeing somewhere that the CSC bikes were FI) and sprockets should be pretty high up on the list. Also, don't be afraid to get tires that are more street oriented. I run the Shinko 705's on my DR650, and I've kept my Hawk more dirt oriented. The Hawk is noisy and wobbly on the street at higher speeds, but it will really dig in when the pavement ends. Another thing to look at would be either replacing the stock seat and pan, or getting an inexpensive seat pad. Riding on the street means you'll be spending most of your time sitting down, and seats on adventure bikes are really uncomfortable. I think that Satan himself moonlights as a seat designer for some of these companies. In any event, let us know when the bike arrives, take lots of pictures, and have fun!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up