View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 05:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
What I don't understand is why they stopped making this bike in the liquid cooled version, yet retained the radiator guards/fins lol. These are awesome bikes though. It would be nice if they offered a dual sport version.
Apollo did have a couple go-arounds in the US with street versions. I recall seeing a 'motard' version offered on ebay. One time, there was a dealer who had what looked like full lights on a dual sport, kind of like how the Pitster Pro full-size bikes come with. These were definitely the exceptions, however.

If you go to Apollo's site, all kinds of versions are offered. You have to realize these are sold worldwide. They allow importers/distributors to spec them out. In fact, one guy on mychinamoto.com several years ago from Nepal was touring Chinese bike factories in a quest to spec out bikes and have them OEM'd for him. He stopped by the Apollo factory, and they had a few engines offered, including a Loncin 250 liquid-cooled engine, as well as a few air-cooled offerings. Their factory site makes it look like 'that is how they come' but local distributors/importers get to spec them out. For the US, we are stuck with what the distributor brings in, but I believe all the recent years' offerings have been California CARB legal, so that might get scrutinized if they sent lighted bikes to the US, like what RPS does with the Hawk 250 (those are 49-state off-road legal, Californians need not apply).

http://www.apollovehicle.com/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard