View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 10:37 PM   #1

My 2nd Chinabike - Pitster LXR 250F

Didn't want to hi-jack Chonda's thread, but his thread definitely played a part in my recent purchase (link http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18766).

40' truck that delivered in the background here.

Got it put together in about 2 hours, much quicker this time now that I've got a couple years of wrenching on bikes under my belt. The first bike I got, Hawk 250, took me the better part of 2 days to get everything in order.

I was extremely impressed with the build quality and the way the bike handles. I just recently sold my KTM 200xc, and this feels eerily similar - just a little bigger and heavier. Planning on using the LXR as my track and off-road toy. I'm no hardcore MX racer or anything, just small-medium jumps at the track and some enduro style riding seems to be what I enjoyed the most after getting into motos.

Noticed some pretty loud pops when engine braking and a couple stalls afterwards, from what I've read I have quite a bit of break-in and letting the EFI tune itself before it's really ready to go. Still pleased with the power the bike has, and I haven't even cracked the throttle all the way open yet. I pretty much just rode around the block to warm up the engine a little bit, and then changed the oil (15w-40 per the manual for summer use).