View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpdiggity
Take this for what it's worth, Porterz...

...but I sent an e-mail yesterday to the guy at MotoXtreme (because I'm still not 100% sure if I want the Hi-Bird or the Lifan) and asked him if he was selling only American Lifan bikes. He told me that ALL of the bikes that are actually American Lifan bikes come with the sprockets setup for highway driving. He said taht I may be getting confused and that some of the Lifan bikes from China will have the 56t rear sprockets.

I also found out by researching that American Lifan is pretty strict with who can and can't ship their products. MotoXtreme is one of the FEW dealers I've found that is actually allowed to drop ship American Lifan bikes.

I think that you got screwed, bro. I think you got a bike that is a Lifan, but not an American Lifan. I don't think that makes a very big deal, but it's a crappy thing to not get what you're paying for.

And trust me...since you used your credit card instead of PayPal you are in good hands. Call your credit card company and tell them you got shafted. They WILL get you your money back.

Also, in a really crappy way, thanks for posting about this. I was thinking about purchasing the Lifan from ATVDiscounters because they were cheaper than MotoXtreme...but after reading this, I will now be getting my Lifan from MotoX or the Hi-Bird from VBikes.
American Lifan used to sell GY2's but they don't any more as far as I know, they've moved to the gy5. As far as I know the 2's always had different sprocket setup then the 5's...

I really don't think this sale of the bike or getting screwed by the dealer really has any relation to A.L..

Apparently A.L. is owned by Chongqing Lifan, and really I believe this is the only reason the bike says anything about it, import export rules or something... But this all has to do with ATV Discounters and NOT A.L..

Like mr Hyak has said, I don't think there really is a specific model year, you look mainly at the manufacturing date, the differences all come as per importers specs...

Technically the ebay ad says you get the NON balanced motor, however it has it pictured, you should check out what ebay's policies are on this. The ad also says you get a GY5, this is where they really screwed you, they sent you a GY2 instead. The leaky acid is an accident, the wrong model is them screwing you... Either way I'm not sure you will end up with a balanced engine, but definetly check what ebay's policies are for posting images of the WRONG product... The pictures are of the right model bike, wrong model engine, they sent you the wrong model bike, with the right model engine.