View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
Awesome!!!

As you've probably read most of the forum I don't need to point these things out...but just in case:

1) Follow the break in procedure for the first 500 miles and do the maint required
2) Go through the bike and check the nuts, bolts and screws. Buy a large bottle of medium/blue locktite!!!
3) If the bike feels kind of sluggish once you get the break in miles completed, think about going to a 13T counter sprocket and possibly also a 45 in the rear. Doing both give another 2% increase in torque above the 7 gained by the front BUT it also means the chain length stays the same.
4) Adjust the suspension for your weight/load/riding style (pre-load and rebound)
5) Mods to consider fairly quickly are: Headlight bulb, adding spot lights, SpeedoDRD if you want an accurate speedometer, seat pad if you got the stock seat or upgrade to seat concepts...others mods are also out there to consider depending on your intended use of the bike!
6) Personally I run .25oz of Lucas upper cylinder lube/cleaner per gallon with EVERY fillup. Every 2000 miles I put in 4oz of Lucas engine cleaner
7) Don't hesitate to ask question of this group about ANYTHING....related to the bike :-)
8) Have a TON of FUN!

Joe
Thanks FJ.

I've been reading through the forum and over on ADVrider, but this is a great concise list in one place. This will be easy to follow for me

Jeff