View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 10:53 PM   #9

Thank you for all your replies. As for the oil, so go to middle of sight glass and forget the dip stick. Do I want middle of the glass while running or idle? (pretty sure its idle, but hey, better to ask) do I run it first to warm it up then check or check it stone cold? (honestly don't got a clue)

How do I adjust the idle screw? while running I imagine, but when do I know its good? when it stays running and not dieing? or am I looking for something else?

great to know that its just the smell is normal, was seriously concerned about that....

How do I rejet and tune the carb? Is there a youtube video or a website with instructions? and how soon do I need to do this? I am asking because I get my house in three weeks and it has a garage. Until then I am in the hotel and so limited to what I can do in a parking lot for now (just got stationed back in the good ol USA). If need be I wont turn it on until I get in the house, but if possible, I would love to run it a little, even 20-30 min. but if that will damage, or there is a chance it will, I will wait.

What is a valve lash? I have never even heard of that.

I am in mid Missouri.

Thanks again!!