View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 05:36 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawk View Post
On the bearings, any way to find the size without ripping it apart so that I can order it and have it on hand prior to ripping it apart? I don't want to leave a half assembled bike in the parking lot.
As for the chain, I did a search for uni-bear chains, and found two things. the first is that unibear is made by a chinese company named Hangzhou, the second is that there is the 428H or the 530. The 428H looks to be the non-o ring type. They are all different link numbers though. I am guessing that is the size? I saw where someone had recommend the 428H 130 link but I can't find one of those. The closest I could find was the 132 link. I also found a 136. How do I know what size I need?
They are very cheap though, like $15 for the 428H. If I get one of these, do I need to do the Kerosene/hot oil cooking? or do they need it as well?
Megadan replaced his rear wheel bearings, I'm sure he knows the numbers. Maybe he'll chime in on here and give you the numbers. UniBear is good chain. Plenty of guys on here have been running it, some for two years with no reported problems. Grease both axles, and the swing arm pivot bolt with marine grease, and grease the steering head bearings as soon as you get time....ARH